Is my late fathers TR3 still out there ?

I rescued a Stirlingshire TR2 (GMS 410) from a scrapyard near Dunoon, had to fight the DVLC to retain the registration number. The car is still around but the registration is on a modern car.

Cheers

Richard

2 hours ago, Dic Doretti said:

I rescued a Stirlingshire TR2 (GMS 410) from a scrapyard near Dunoon, had to fight the DVLC to retain the registration number. The car is still around but the registration is on a modern car.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

Unusual to be able to transfer an original registration mark, especially after a tussle with the DVLC ?

Martin.

A more flexible regime in the 1980s and I dealt with a person in their Glasgow office although I was surprised it was transferable. It was a tussle because I had no documentation only photos of it in the scrapyard, I guess I was lucky and persistent. I met the original owner, a Stirling school teacher who confirmed it was correct.

Cheers

Richard