Brake discs

Looks like they just got a new sandblast cabinet and plenty spare paint, good luck to them.

Ron

You're right, of course. There are many things that I have no experience with and have made plenty of mistakes myself. Apologies for being small minded.

Dave

But Rob,

if you look further they are selling some calipers which have had the same treatment, and they have kindly split the calipers and are selling them as 4 halves!! I wonder if they have kindly sprayed up the pistons as well?

Regards

Tim

Assuming that this was simply a case of ignorance, I took it upon myself to write to the seller with the hope that they would see some sense:

"Hi. Just to let you know that for the brakes to work, the surface of

the disc (Not the centre piece) must be bare metal. If this area is

painted they are EXTREMELY dangerous! I hope you don't find this

patronising, just that I realise that we all lack experience/

knowledge in different areas. Dave"

The reply:

"The paint is for protection against corrosion It is the purchasers responsibilty to remove paint from surface touching components.

regards"

I guess there's no helping some people!

Dave

The only stupid person will be any purchaser.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy this sort of rubbish.

There is plenty of total rubbish to be found on ebay, mixed amongst the 'bargains' or hard to find stuff.

David

Here here, or is it hear hear, anyway when dealing on Ebay it's 'caveat emptor'

Ron

They have now got brake drums for sale and yep you guessed it they are painted on the inside.

Article no 170041743470

Also 'rear axles' article no 170041742141 - at least they seem to have covered the splines in paper before painting, although I guess the uj bearings have had the treatment

Also 'rear axles' article no 170041742141 - at least they seem to have covered the splines in paper before painting, although I guess the uj bearings have had the treatment

But painting the nuts that hold the hubs together was a no-no because it looks as though they are missing in the picture :o

======

Tim

There is plenty of total rubbish to be found on ebay, mixed amongst the 'bargains' or hard to find stuff.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Ebay disputes procedure? I just bought an "excellent condition" original dashpad at an exorbitant price.

When it was delivered I found it has two splits in it....Grrrr.

This chap must have run out of blasting grit and black paint (see item number: 170041758704), either that or the dog just kept moving, worried that if he stood still for 5 minutes he too would succumb to the same ordeal. I wonder what his wife looks like...he might describe her in the same way as the petrol tank he's selling...PERFECT CONDITION, SAND BLASTED, NO LEAKS, AS NEW, NO RUST INSIDE.