Household electrical issue

Our current ceiling upstairs has four downlighters.   They are usually all working well. Recently one unit started flashing. I have done some work on it and the electrical connections are push fit. I have tried to check them but it would mean some dismantling. I have only moved them by hand , but not disconnected, and none are loose or corroded 

I turned the lights on after checking and the faulty light is hanging down from the ceiling by 12" It is made by Elite who are now Aurora. It is an EN-DE8/30  LED IP65 fixed 8w with fire protection Warm white dimmable.  The light was working well for 20 minutes and I was hoping that the problem was over until the flashing started again. It flashes three times and then remains off for a short time before flashing again. The unit can not be opened and there is no replaceable bulb. The case is well made and has  enough space for air to reach the working parts.

Can overheating be the problem and the answer would be a replacement light ??

Please advise

Richard and B

Yes, it is possible internal heat is causing this.   The lamp will have a control chip inside and that could be faulty.  Unfortunately, like so much kit made today it's unrepairable so replacement is the only option.   

As Roger says, it is cheap enough to replace.  I see that new ones have a three-year warranty.

The light was changed and the cable was a push fit connection. Have never used them before but it was efficient. There were two copies of the instructions. I read them all and the light went in and is now working as normal.

So back out in the sun to adjust the gaps on the bonnet. Today is hinge day, ???

Richard & B