Gordon

the fuel lines on a Tr5 are all special high pressure lines after the pump with the chassis length being steel pipe , it will also depend on whether your PRV is on the ( chassis correct place) or in the boot like later pi cars .

graham

On 10/16/2023 at 11:47 AM, TR5 Fuel Lines said:

Can someone tell me what length of fuel line I need to replace all the lines on my TR5? Thanks in advance.

Gordon

Hi Gordon 

Welcome to the forum

Have a look here https://www.automec.co.uk/products/fuel-feed-kit-triumph-tr5-pi-tr6-8708-99-8180-1967-1969-ffk006?_pos=1&_sid=d7a471c7f&_ss=r

Used on my TR6 no complaints.

Andy

Gordon,

welcome on the forum.

The plastic fuel filter in the kit from Automec has no place on a PI TR5 or 6, so do not install that (it would be ok for a carburetted engine.

If you look at the Moss website there is a very clear picture of all the hoses, pipes and clips on our cars.

Depending on your needs, the Automec set may be sufficient (or not).

Both hoses in the line from pump to PRV to metering unit (MU) are “special”, and need to withstand the high pressure (105 psi) in combination with elevated temperature (up to around 60 degrees for the front hose) and ethanol.

I would only use pre-fabricated hoses on these two locations, from a trusted supplier. 

Waldi