Fuel Tank woes

I Had a similar problem and had the tank out as I was fishing out the last of the rubber 'blobs' after the old fuel lines and the rubber tank to deck hose got eaten by E5/E10 etc. Hoses are all R9 now and Moss had a deal on TR6 pattern mild steel tanks (they are all the same size, just different holes for PI Vs carbs). That was 7 years ago, still going strong. Original design and material 

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/fuel-tank-steel-universal-312359.html?assoc=129200   £326 (Back order)

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-312359   £336 inc vat  (in stock)

Hi All

Many thanks for all the feedback as many thoughs are better than one.

As Waldi and Keith1948 have said I do need to identify the root cause of the contamination and I’d kind of assumed rust from the general look of things but as they didn’t dissolve in acid over 24+ hours probably not.

All hoses are relatively new but I will remove them all and check as best I can.

From the pics I took with the endoscope camera the black stuff appears to be stuck rather than loose bits but it is hard to tell in the depths of a dark fitted tank..

I think my next move is to remove the tank to get a better look and make it easier to get at the rest of the hoses and see what condition they are in and take it from there.

In one way it would be good if ity were hose breakdown as that would be relatively simple to solve.

But its good to have many comments as though I’d thought of hose/ethanol problems I’d not give the return line any thought.

The interesting things is that despite the breakdowns the TR did get its longest run out and its proved a good shakedown as it has highlighted a few things I need to look at and improve on which was the whole idea.

Cheers  Keith

Sounds like a good plan Keith.

For easier removal, remove filler tube first, and fit later-on as last (after aligning tank and rear deck hole).

Cheers,

Waldi