TR7 Weber DCOE Set-Up

Would it be possible for anyone who is running twin 45 DCOE Webers on a TR7 to advise of choke, jet and ignition timing set-up. I have Webers on my car and it starts and runs sweetly under 'normal' driving, but under hard acceleration it stutters and goes flat at around 4000 RPM. My ignition timing is 12 DBTDC static.

Thanks for any information.

Cliff

I can only offer you the spec sheets that Terry Hurrell (Triumph Tune) created from rolling road tests with his own test bed cars back in the 1980’s

He used to get the carbs rolling road tuned to different cam/ head/ exhaust set ups at a place in Dunstable 

I trust this may be of use.   It certainly helped us who were selling the product.

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

Hello Peter,

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. The Spec. Sheets look really interesting, it would be great to have a copy but I guess finding one would be difficult.

My current set-up is close to the 36 Choke set-up on the sheet, so a little fiddling may help.

Regards,

Cliff

1 hour ago, Ecosse said:

Hello Peter,

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. The Spec. Sheets look really interesting, it would be great to have a copy but I guess finding one would be difficult.

My current set-up is close to the 36 Choke set-up on the sheet, so a little fiddling may help.

Regards,

Cliff

Have you seen this article in our technical sect?

article 12  here   

Weber_DCOE_Tuning_White_Paper (1).pdf

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT