TR7 V8 Prop Shaft lubrication

Hi, I can't remember using this forum before, anyway, Hello to all, and here goes.

At the last MOT , the mechanic pointed out that the rear pro shaft sliding joint was possible dry and needed lubrication to prevent wear. I believe that the pro shaft is a cut down SD1 type. Can anybody tell me if this joint can be greased? hopefully the picture will be attached - the joint I am querying is the one at the lower end of the picture where the main shaft body connects to the rear universal joint. Many Thanks for any advice. Paul

TR example prop.png

On the Stag sliding yoke (front) end of the propshaft there is a greasing point that is blanked/plugged off with a machine screw/bolt. This is removed and a nipple fitted for the greasing operation - don't know if yours would be similar?

That looks like a CV joint to me, which typically are not greaseable.

Best to take it to a reputable shaft repair outfit like propshaft-services.co.uk.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, +1 for Propshaft Services in Feltham.  I thought I had vibration issues with my 7V8 prop.  They gave me a Rover SD1 V8 prop to trial fit for gearbox clearance, no deposit, just handed it over.  (It’s longer and slightly larger diameter)

I measured the flange to flange distance on my car with the wheels on the ground and they shortened it to fit.  I also got a great price since the prop came from their clearance stock.  They didn’t have to tell me that.