Headlight Deflectors

Hi all.

Myself and my wife Maria are  driving in our TR6 from our home in Albatera, Alicante, Spain to the UK on 28th of this month ready for the 2019 (originally) TR Register European Weekend and the Welsh tour afterwards in September. 

I remember years ago when I drove to Europe in a RHD TR6 i needed to put on headlight deflectors which were usually black stick on ones covering part of the beam.

My TR6 is LHD and obviously the headlights ( which are WIPAC Halogen ones) are angled different to the UK models.

Can I make up a pair of deflectors with Sticky tape? or similar?

There are lots of modern rectangular headlight ones, but it is confusing if they are handed or not ie, UK or EU

Your suggestions would be helpful.

Kind Regards,

Dave from a sweltering Spain

headlight.jpg

The black stick-on tape deflectors don't actually deflect anything.  All they do is  block the beam 'uptick' which illuminates the kerb side.  You can do the same by playing around with black sticky tape. 

The fresnel-lens items do attempt to deflect the beam and are pretty cheap ; e.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eurolite-Drive-Headlight-Converters-Driving/dp/B001P5UVTE

fitting to your lamps would be the mirror image of 150A and I guess that would be where to put the black tape if you did it that way. 

lmps.jpg.7635353b35043ce7b7d6adb642a60e93.jpg

Edited by RobH

Thanks Rob,

I have outlined the area I think needs correcting as the beam would be going to the right into oncoming traffic in the UK

Regards Dave

screenshot.png