Thanks very much, Andy! We had 6 road regularities and about 14 tests, so it was a busy day! 7VC didn't miss a beat - the crew wasn't quite as spot-on, and we had plently of U-eys and "moments" on the roads, but fortunately we didn't go way off course like we sometimes seem to. We were still extremely surprised to find ourselves in the lead at lunchtime! When the provisional results were put up at the end of the day, we were in fourth place and quite happy with that - then someone realised that penalty points for a code board had been given the wrong way round. The board was actually on the wrong route (but just visible from the right route - sneaky!), so 300 second penalties should have been given to those crews who entered in on the timecard. We had driven up to it, looked at it, reversed, checked the plot and then decided to avoid it! Once this was sorted out, we popped out at the top, much to our amazement!

That was 7VC's last rally for the year - nice to end on a high, and a good position from which to plummet next year!!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Jonathan, I think you're being unduly modest - I hear the regularities were an absolute ba$£ard with lots of multiple speed changes and higher speeds where you might have expected lower, etc. etc. ... a major achievement I think and one that has been noted in all the right places.

We had one of those off-route codeboards on the Hexham last weekend and didn't record it - sadly those who did weren't penalised, and the only time we lost was waiting in a very long temporary traffic lights :( ... still, that's rallying. Not had a good year so far, including multiple punctures, head gasket, leaky carb and finally a roll into a ditch on the Yorkshire Endurance Road Rally, but still 3 rounds of the night championship to go so we could still pull back a more acceptable position by the end.

So, when are we going to see you out on a proper night rally then? :D

cheers, Andy Lane

Edited by GSKTR4

Proper night rally?! Hmmm. Did enjoy the night section on the Emerald this year...until we lost all lights going round a sharp hairpin! Maybe next year! We found the clubman's championship a bit too much this year, with 8 or so weekends taken up, plus all the other events we were doing. What's the night rally championship like? Rumour has it that Steve Hall might be thinking about organising some night events next year too - sounds interesting. Know any more about this?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Well done Jon ..... sounds like a good outing.

Steve is talking to HRCR about a TR rally championship running on the back of their events - im certainbly up for it with either 3VC or BST82B.

Regards

Tony

An emphatic win for 7VC this weekend I see :D well done Jonathan! Obviously not just a cosmetic job and well driven to boot. Many congratulations on what I understand may be your maiden win.

cheers, Andy Lane

2nd that, well done Jonathan (Clive will be pleased!) :D