Fending off the rust .... For a while?

Hoping that this will get into all (some) of those nooks and crannies at the B post which may have suffered in the welding process. In essence I've poured a heavy Zinc phosphate paint in and flooded the space. This seems to have worked in the past with a Mk 3 Spitfire, not the Bader sort, Midget etc. 

Even if it doesn't totally protect I think I won't be around to do it again when needed.

Mark

PXL_20230611_101543384.jpg

PXL_20230611_101601410.jpg

3 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Good.  Did the paint run out the drain hole in the bottom of the 1/4 panel?   If not , drill one

Hi, glad you asked. No drain hole so I shall wield the drill. Presumably this is in the "bottom face" so to speak.Hi

Also sealed off and boxed in the mud trap at the top of the front bulkhead. Presumably this was included for ease of manufacture?

Just now, Corkery11 said:

Hi, glad you asked. No drain hole so I shall wield the drill. Presumably this is in the "bottom face" so to speak.Hi

Also sealed off and boxed in the mud trap at the top of the front bulkhead. Presumably this was included for ease of manufacture?

Just now, Corkery11 said:

PXL_20230607_163937042.jpg

12 hours ago, Corkery11 said:

PXL_20230607_163937042.jpg

That tray really needed to be angled towards the front to aid with draining.

Stuart.

9 hours ago, stuart said:

That tray really needed to be angled towards the front to aid with draining.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, thanks for that but I think my photo is misleading. At the moment front of the car is raised while paint drains from b post. When it's level the tray flows ok.

Ta Mark