Last night I was closing down the house late at night and as a final issue went to the laptop to register my points with Yeo Valley, before bed at last. It was late because as I turned off the TV I came across the last 20 minutes of my favourite old film, Casablanca.

I watched the last bit of film and then opened the laptop. Serious change of luck ??

The laptop had a message and would not let me try anything unless I sent a link to my password chain. I tried to close the message but there were four or five similar messages from unknown sources. I tried my mobile and that also had a similar problem. I do not have a password chain and all my passwords are on hard copy in a file. So I turned them both off and went to sleep. 

First thing this morning I made a note that  yesterday afternoon I had asked, on Ebay, if a seller of TomTom mounting bracket and cable would confirm the TT number. I had also bought a new ignition switch for the Hayter 12/30 ride on. I only had a reply from the Mower company and the switch is being sent. I used Paypal.

My wife looked at it all this morning. The laptop was turned off all night and the  screen was clear and the mobile was easy to clear. They are both working well now and it is a relief. There is still no reply from the TT cable supplier .

Take care

Richard & B

I take it at the very least you have run a scan on your computer to check it's not infected? 

Gareth