Oil pressure light

Hi all

the oil pressure warning light was working fine before fumbling around trying to relocate a bulb holder into the back of the speedo now guess what!! The light stays on I noticed one connector had come adrift so I put it back where I thought it had come from,it is difficult to see when standing on your head under the dash.My assumption is I got the oil pressure connected wrongly any views on my assumption please,I should add the pressure gauge is correct and there is no oil leakage

nige

32 minutes ago, nigelcurry said:

My assumption is I got the oil pressure connected wrongly

More than likely Nigel, or else the lamp is picking up a stray earth from something else you have moved. 

The oil pressure lamp has two connections, one is power from the ignition  switch ( via the brake warning lamp for pre-76 cars) and the other is to the pressure switch,  and which is earthed when the pressure is low. Obviously the fault is somewhere on the latter connection  - maybe something earthed is touching the tag on the bulbholder. 

First assumption is you found an earth to replace the connector to, the lamp is fed by direct live from the ignition switch( white wire) then white/brown to the pressure switch which connects to earth on low pressure. 

I am assuming your wiring colours are the same as my car. Good hunting under there and have a tube of  muscle rub handy for after :D

Bri

Looks like Rob beat me to it