Tr6 CR distributor pedestal gasket question

Guys

I  wonder if you can assist me please, I am in the process of refitting the distributor pedestal as my my pi metering unit has been leaking, the unit was exchanged through Neil Ferguson which looks great. He recommended I changed the distributor pedestal pinion shaft seals which I have completed, anyway when I removed the pedestal unit from the block I noticed mine didn't have any gasket between the block and the pedestal casting. 

Is this normal on some cars, or should I add a gasket ?

Andy

Andy,

The Brown Book gives details of adjusting the end float of the distributor drive. Gaskets are sometimes needed under the pedestal to obtain the correct end float.

Steve

image.thumb.png.611393eee713ee115a633e2112365be5.pngimage.thumb.png.b47ee8c13aa1fcace1bc31b2d55601ed.png

Steve

Elin Yakov has a very good video showing exactly what you need to do, it's at the around the 7:50 mark. I always find his videos very informative and easy to follow, he explains why you're doing something rather than just what to do.

Cheers

Robert

Edited by rwest