CD player installation

Hi all

I have given up trying to source a discrete MP3 preamp/amplifier to avoid cutting my H frame for a DIN standard CD player fitment. So, I've bought a tasty CD player and will be installing it on the weekend.

I'm only going to fit 1 pair of cased rear speakers. Will there be a problem as it is a 4 speaker output player or is it OK to connect up just 1 pair?

Regarding power supply- there are many options mentioned including the ACC type connection on an ignition switch to ensure the unit powers down when using the ignition key. I can't remember whether the electrics cater for this-I doubt it.

Can anyone enlighten me please??

Thanks

Rob

Hi all

I have given up trying to source a discrete MP3 preamp/amplifier to avoid cutting my H frame for a DIN standard CD player fitment. So, I've bought a tasty CD player and will be installing it on the weekend.

I'm only going to fit 1 pair of cased rear speakers. Will there be a problem as it is a 4 speaker output player or is it OK to connect up just 1 pair?

Regarding power supply- there are many options mentioned including the ACC type connection on an ignition switch to ensure the unit powers down when using the ignition key. I can't remember whether the electrics cater for this-I doubt it.

Can anyone enlighten me please??

Thanks

Rob

I think you will be ok if you just connect up the rears, you just wont have any fade options to balance the front/rear volume. Personally I would probably fit some small speakers in the kidney panels to help balance things up and you can adjust the fade to get the effect that you want.

Most modern head units need a feed from the ignition switch to power up and depending on the year of the TR6 you may have a dedicated feed for that ( I have on on my 74.5, a white pink wire that emerges under the dash in front of the heater ). Then you need a direct feed from the battery. I had so much stuff that needs direct battery power that I put a nother fuse block on the passenger side bulkhead/footwell and fed it from the starter power connector (LHD car). Now I have lots of fused power to play with for radion, sattelite radio, alarm, phone charger etc.

Stan

As Stan has already state, you will be fine with just one pair of speakers... I have fitted such a set up to my '5' with the speakers fitted to the Kidney panels either side of the 'H'-frame. The power supply was taken from the 'ACC' connection on the ignition switch together with a fused permanent 'live supply for the modern units that require this for memory.

Any further question pleas ask and I can try and assist!

Brgds