TR7 Wire Wheels

That would be interesting to see.  Dunno if it would look good or not, but of all the different kinds of alloy and steel "spoke" wheels I've seen on wedges, I've never see true wire spoked wheels!

I think you would have to fit bolt-on wires.

The small chassis Triumphs share the wheel pcd with the TR7 but the stud size is different (3/8 versus M12). TR4/6 pcd is larger. In addition, if you were to use the spline adaptors from a Spitfire/Herald these are quite weedy and tend to wear quite quickly on those cars, so I wouldn't expect them to last very long. You might also have clearance issues with wheel offset.

You are also adding not inconsiderable weight.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have discovered that MWS can supply an adaptor to fit TR2 - TR6 wheels onto a TR7, although they increase the track by a fair bit which probably means there is a wheelarch issue.

I may try one adaptor too see how things look, if so I shall post results.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff,

Any decent machine shop should be able to modify a set of stock universal Dayton Wheel adapters.  It's really just a matter of adding a sleeve to reduce the I.D. of the adapter to add depth for machining clearance cut-outs for the lug nuts.   You end up with proper offset and fender lip clearance.

Paul

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_20221117_191400325.jpg