Kop Hill 2023

Hi all, will there be a sign up or registration needed to join the Triumph Register assembly there this year?

All you need to do is to register as a display vehicle and choose the TR Register club display as your chosen location. 

https://kophillclimb.org.uk/entrants/paddock-display/ 

Create an account and set up your display car details. Also, I would encourage entering the hill also as I am hoping to pull together a Triumph centenary / TR70 cavalcade. 

Entry list should open on 3rd April, according to an email which I received quite some while ago.

As usual, Peter Bowden, Chiltern Group Leader, will be organising a large display of TRs in the paddock.

Ian Cornish

Thanks Ian and Wayne, I’ve just registered.

My wife & I are also part of the volunteers org - we both do finish line, I work in team in the handicapped area at starting line and my wife grandstands. 

Steve - well done for volunteering.

Don't forget that on both days the Chiltern Group cooks delicious breakfast first thing, and then at lunchtime there's more delicious food!  Then cake in the afternoon.

You and your wife would be very welcome at the Chiltern Group's area, which is not far from the bar and the bandstand.

Ian Cornish

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just received this from the KH organisers, looks like 5 June is when we can register:image.thumb.png.95d7b55679871c311d2ab5cd3714474e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all: Kop Hill entries opened at noon today! Best to get registered for the TR area, at least quickly as I heard from some of the committee they expect this year to be oversubscribed possibly...

Register at: https://kophillclimb.org.uk/our-new-entrants-booking-system-is-live/

I hit a problem when trying to book for Display on Saturday and Hill Run on Sunday - one cancelled the other (and vice versa)!

I have informed the organisers and am awaiting a response.

Ian Cornish

I have had a response, asking me to make two separate applications, one for Saturday Display (for which I have paid) and the other for Sunday Run.

I was advised to state on each entry that I was making 2 entries for the same car, but I was too quick and had made the applications before that note arrived!

For the Run, the organisers have sent an email saying that decisions will be made by end of August, so my entry is posted as pending.   

Last year, the applications for Hill Runs in the TR age category exceeded capacity by 50%, such is the popularity of the event, and I didn't get a place, so just displayed along with the Chiltern Group.  However, on the Saturday late afternoon, the friendly lady marshal came round and suggested I go the organiser's gazebo early on the Sunday morning as I would likely be able to get a Hill Run - and I did!   Actually, two Runs as it is morning (granddaughter as passenger) and afternoon (grandson) - both loved it, of course!

Ian Cornish

I'm now registered and paid for the enclosure and fingers crossed for a run up the hill.

PS> I'll be working at the Disabled Area, which is on the immediate right of the start line a bunch over the weekend. If you're in a vehicle that'll be going up on Sat morning drop me a PM with description, etc and I'll do my best for a picture. On Sunday we're working the top of the hill at the finish line so another photo opportunity :)

Last year, I displayed my car all Saturday and Sunday, never heard a tweet about the time of the run I had booked for the latter.  Finally got someone to tell me me to queue up for the last of the last run - a Nd the xcar conked with fuel starvation!!!!!

Cured now ( it had raced all year, no probs!) but despite my booking this week and a reassuring 'don't contact us, we'll contact you!' message I've heard nothing yet.  Not holding my breath, to be honest, although I have family living half a mile away from the Hill, and it's such a good excuse for a visit!

• 2 months later...

(refreshing as event is near)

I received email today with my Saturday display pass in it. Note we're right up the front and they've allocated 3 areas side-by-side.

You'll need to print your pass + grounds guide from their email.

See y'all there :)

Edited by Steve-B