Sadly another long term TRR member who was well known in the early days of the club has passed away. Nick James, who was on the club's committee in the late 70s /early 80s in the post of Competition Secretary died at his home in Ludlow on 21st January  after a short illness with cancer at the age of 73. Nick was a long-term owner of TR3 SKV656, an ex-works car, in which he competed in a number of TRR events. He also organised sprints and driving test events in his Comp Sec capacity, and was popular figure and prominent figure within the club. Bill Piggott

I heard about the passing of Nick James from another source but that doesn't lessen the shock of learning about it.  He was such a fun chap to be around. Full of life and a zest for living.  I hadn't seen Nick for years after he moved from his village near Silverstone and lost touch but then we just bumped into each other at the Ludlow Festival one day and it was if it was only a few weeks had passed since we last spoke.  A true gent and sadly missed.  He did a great deal for the club in its early days and inspired me to take out my comp licence and start the Curborough sprints. back in 1978/9. 

hoges.