Has any one fitted minifins ? I have two pair both from diffrent sorses the problem is they dont seem to locate and fit flush with the hub , even the bolt holes dont make a perfict match the resolt is a very bad juder witch is a bit worring to say the least,can any one help or sould I just play it safe and put my old drums back on ?

ckbrookes

I think you've answered your own question - put the originals back on.

Do the rear brakes actually heat up enough to require additional cooling? I've always taken the view that unless you've got front drums they must only be fitted for aesthetics.

Jerry

Have you got the Datsun 240Z drums ? I believe the holes needed machining on them in order to fit the TR. Also the edge of the drum where it meets the backplate.

Hi,

I suggest you take them back.

If they do not fit, there is a problem (obvious i know!)

I fitted a pair to my 250, not to improve the braking but just because they looked nice!

TR shop and Moss have the correct ones (as do others i am sure)

Hi I have two pair the first off ebay the second from luces at the tr shop same problem with both , have put the drums back on and the problem has gone ? no problem taking them back to the tr shop there used to me

and my 5 probs

many thank ckbrookes

Rhoddri may well be right. I think there is only one brand of the new alfins.

These new alfins were unavailable for several months : so another possibility is that the new available

alfins aren't exactly the same as the'old' new alfins, which were available till september 2005 or so and they were a very good fit.