Tree leaves and good luck ???

I have spent the last three days with a wire rake out in the garden. The trees there  are old and high and the autumn leaves were thick on the ground. I have spent the last three days raking up the debris and wheeling the full wheel barrow round the back of the garage  to add to the leaf store. One day it will be a bonfire or compost. It was getting boring until I went for a good  size pile near the oil tank. After two strikes with the rake I suddenly found a roll of tape and a red knife.

Laurel and Hardy come to mind because my knife was named after one of the DUO. The red knife must have been there for well over  a year and there is good news.There was no corrosion or rust. The centre screw moved easily and the blades inside were in good condition. I was last using it at least 18 months ago when we had oil tank problems and the special tape was to help seal the oil connectors. The tape looks to be in working order and the oil pipe is dry. 

I now have another tool on the garage shelf waiting for an urgent oil problem. Tomorrow will be a one hour day with the rake as long as it is not raining. I have the local group , SDG , breakfast meeting in eight days and will try and start the car tomorrow morning and take it for a short drive

Richard & B

I gave up leaf raking years ago and run around with a rotary mower / collector. I use in on grass, brick drives, on a stone chipped area and on a basalt grit riding arena.  Works well.

Mower might make a mess of old tools though.

Alan

On 2/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, Richardtr3a said:

I have spent the last three days with a wire rake out in the garden. The trees there  are old and high and the autumn leaves were thick on the ground. I have spent the last three days raking up the debris and wheeling the full wheel barrow round the back of the garage  to add to the leaf store.

I know that feeling, like Alan the lawn mower clears the lawns, the blower the paths, then straight into the green bin once that’s full the tonne bags and off to the recycle centre. Unfortunately it seems to go on for week’s with the trees releasing leaves at different times. Must make a leaf store maybe next year :rolleyes:.