3.2 K revs affecting SUs Vibrations?

On 6/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, MichaelH said:

Yes checked: new metal pipe bolted in  clear hole into the bowl, brass mesh clean and complete.

Just gone back took the pump apart again and ran a brass welding wire through. Small hole  between the bowl and the first valve but not obstructed.

This may be the problem I will look through the other  pumps I have to see if the equivalent hole is larger in them

Thank you RobH

Not doubting your rebuilding skills, but maybe there is something more fundamentally wrong with your pump which is not obvious - have you thought about trying a new pump - I have some Dave Davies rebuilt AC Delco ones if that could be of interest - if so PM me your contact details

Cheers Rich 

Also no doubt of your rebuilt skills here,

but did you check the anti return valves are correct situated and work correct?

Sure you know you can check this with the pump out: close the inlet with a finger, push the lever, give it free and feel how it suck.

Next close the outlet, do the same and feel the pressure. Does it hold the pressure and does the lever not come back at once?

Ciao, Marco 

You are both correct, in doubting my building skills and your diagnosis

I had a loose valve which caused problems so reverted to an old pump which had a gasket and a retaining metal piece held in by screws to hold the valves in place which in practice did not seal.

In the end I reverted to the loose valve and used a pointed drift to deform the surrounding metal to hold the valves in place and seal the job

It seems to be working and delivers the fuel as needed for my driving

I seem to have a knack of finding the longest way round to solutions, but hey ho: such is life!

Michael H

Edited by MichaelH