Cam shaft timing

Hi John

so if I understand correctly you are fitting a used cam to different previously worn lifters? 

I think I would fit new lifters as they are more likely to bed in rather than those already in place especially if you can’t check the faces. No expert with TR6 but can’t you pull up them out of the head it will make pulling and fitting the cam easier.

If the old ones are pitted then as said above they are going to sooner or later cause issues. After all parts quality isn’t what it was!

Andy

10 hours ago, PodOne said:

Hi John

so if I understand correctly you are fitting a used cam to different previously worn lifters? 

I think I would fit new lifters as they are more likely to bed in rather than those already in place especially if you can’t check the faces. No expert with TR6 but can’t you pull up them out of the head it will make pulling and fitting the cam easier.

If the old ones are pitted then as said above they are going to sooner or later cause issues. After all parts quality isn’t what it was!

Andy

I have had my TR6 from new and had camshaft trouble twice with BL OEM camshafts. As said above I would not use old used cam followers as they are a key component to the longevity of that item. I removed all my followers by using a length wooden dowel with the end turned down to a taper and pushed it into the follower as an interference fit and then just pulled it out. It worked a treat.

Bruce.