Fixing the radiator grille

A minor knock, caused by an eejit backing into the front right hand side of my 3A, is causing bit of head scratching by the bodyshop doing the repair.

The bumper supports that go through the grille seem to be a bit high and are making difficulties for the fitting of the grille. 
Could some kind soul with a 3A brave the cold and measure the distance between the floor and the centre of the bolt that fixes the bumper support to the chrome overrider.

My anticipated grateful thanks

james

Edited by james christie

Hi James,

I’m not near my car at the moment so I can’t do any measurements but the issue you are describing is a perennial problem with my car. I fix the overrider brackets first, then the radiator grill and then loosely bolt the bumper brackets to the car before struggling to force the bracket into alignment with the overrider so that I can get the bolt started screwing in. 

Once I have all the bolts started, I tighten everything up.

Rgds Ian

Edited by Ian Vincent
1 hour ago, Ian Vincent said:

Hi James,

I’m not near my car at the moment so I can’t do any measurements but the issue you are describing is a perennial problem with my car. I fix the overrider brackets first, then the radiator grill and then loosely bolt the bumper brackets to the car before struggling to force the bracket into alignment with the overrider so that I can get the bolt started screwing in. 

Once I have all the bolts started, I tighten everything up.

Rgds Ian

+1.  Unless the support tubes that go through the grille have been bent.   Lay the left and right next to each other to see any difference.   I leant on mine to improve the through grille alignment.   That said I also powder coated them black as the chroming  was so expensive. Repro overrider stays have been of dubious quality and dimension also.