Bumper bracket support tubes

My 1974 US import is missing (on both sides) the bumper support tubes that connect from the top of the later style bumper bracket (with tapped holes) Part no YKC 1743 /821467  - could anyone post a picture of these parts fitted in situ ? presumably as these were not fitted on early CP/CC models, I shouldn't worry too much about their absence ? (though if anyone does have a pair spare, do let me know ! )

many thanks 

Matt

My understanding was that they were fitted to later US cars in an effort to minimise body damage in the event of low speed frontal impact.

In the past both TR Bitz (Knutsford) and the TR Shop (Chiswick) have broken US cars and may be able to help with second hand items. Conrad (Openroad) on this forum has also helped me with US bits and pieces in the past. And since you’re in Somerset it might be worth a call to Revingtons who also stock second hand parts.

In a week or two's time I can send you a photo of my car with the support tubes fitted if you draw a blank in the meantime.

Martin

Martin many thanks for your reply and yes If you are able to send a picture, it would be most appreciated - I live about a mile from Revingtons and have already been into the Revington "shed" but with no luck - I'll try the other suppliers you mention, but I'm thinking that if I can't sort a pair of tubes, that it wont impact (no pun intended ) on the reassembly of my front bumper and associated bracketry - thanks again Matt