I bought this car when I was 22 years old from chap in the Sunbury-on-Thames area 1983 Approximately.

I owned it until 2005, selling it was a painful decision but finances forced my hand.

3 weeks ago  I bought it back.

I saw Peter Moffatt’s post regarding information he has about the vehicle and I’ve sent him a personal message. I hope he gets my message, as I would be very interested to see what he knows about the car. It had been written off in an accident which was the only way I could afford to buy one, but it was quickly repaired used. I then restored it and used it many times down to Le Mans.

A Very Happy man!!!

83F78EBB-45BC-4BFC-8C61-5950D2C14240.jpeg

A picture of my old TR5 that I sold to my friend and TR6 that my friend and I purchased and restored and sold. Then bought it back And sold it on a second time as as the fella didn’t use it! He did about 700 miles in 20 years.

I think I kept it for about three or four years before selling it on, during which time my wife and I went to France a few times in it but I really didn’t get the enjoyment that I used to get from the 4A 

The 6 really was an outstanding car, just not raw enough.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 11 months later...

This afternoon I was searching for some unrelated documents when came across a folder I had misplaced many years ago with some historic information about OLK579E

I was very pleased because i am still in search of the 'interesting information' mentioned by Peter Moffatt regarding a previous owner.

The information i found was by way of old MOT's, tax discs and the logbook stating the previous owner and dating back to when I first bought the car(or shortly after). The question for me, is would this help reveal that information spoken of.
Being armed with the chaps name and the precise address, I did a few searches on the off chance, and came up with a telephone number.

It turns out the chap still lived in the same house.

I was unsure whether I should phone or not, but after about 30 seconds curiosity got the better of me, so I rang the number.
I introduce myself and the chap (now 80) remembered me and we entered into a fairly lengthy conversation.
It turns out he owned the car only for a short while, having bought it in an accident damaged condition off of a younger owner. 
He was a keen triumph owner who at around that time, had bought a Green TR6.
His TR6 ownership ended this year in April when he sold the car through auction (that's 40yrs ownership).
He said there was a local chap in the same street who owned a TR5. They used to do the local lanes on a Sunday and then stop for refreshments.
Although he has no recollection of the purchase address of my TR4A, he has given me a small amount of information which may eventually lead me to the chap he bought the car from.
At the start of this thread, the initiating Spark was a post left by Peter Moffatt, who is sadly no longer with us.
In the original post, he mentioned there was some interesting information which still evades me.
Here's hoping the pre-1982 owner can be tracked down, and that interesting information revealed.
I could probably speed things along by contacting DVLA, but there's something much more wholesome in having kept the information that led to this evening's conversation. 
Cheers Jim, it was an absolute pleasure.

On Jims say-so, i will add a photo of his TR6

Edited by Footstuck