No spark after rebuild

On 4/24/2022 at 7:33 PM, qkingston said:

Ok got it sorted and started first time since the restoration started 3yrs ago! Checked the condenser securing, changed the cap and the leads and hey presto! Now the ignition warning light doesn't go out, the carbs need setting up properly (won't idle on no choke), but sounds pretty smooth so I think the timing end is pretty close.

Thanks for all the really helpful advice, a major milestone!

David

Just a note on this, I once bought a set of spark plug leads where the terminals had just been crimped on to the outer sleeving without making any contact with the internal wire and the car was misfiring because the spark was having to jump across the gap at each end of the leads.

If changing the cap and leads sorted it , had the spring loaded centre carbon contact fallen out of the cap?

Ralph.

On a similar note, I was once dealing with a brand new, straight out of the crate, Indian built Lambretta motor scooter on which none of the lights worked. This was also due to the terminals being crimped on to the insulation and not the wire cores. Good quality control I don`t think.