Windscreen washer brass pipe fix.

I thought I'd post this just in case others have the same problem in the future.

I was in the loverly process of fitting the windscreen washer/wheel boxes and washer PVC pipe and had bought the relevant rubber pedestals, nozzles, brass pipes and tube from Rimmers a few years ago in preparation. As per normal for Rimmers the parts don't fit. Namely the brass tubes are too small for the supplied PVC washer pipe and unfortunately I can't locate the old ones. The PVC pipe was simply too big and wouldn't grip the brass tube, given the difficulty in getting to these items they need to be a good fit. So I came up with the following solution, its perhaps over kill but it has worked well with a good pull I've failed to dislodge the PVC pipe. I used heat shrink to increase the OD diameter until the PVC tube was a tight fit and for insurance zip tied them.

Why suppliers can't ensure the parts they sell actually are the same dimensions as OEM and that they fit is beyond me. So far almost every part especially from Rimmers has needed fettling to fit or has gone in the bin. Any further tips to fitting the wiper assembly appreciated!

Andy

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_1987.jpeg

Edited by PodOne
Grammar; I should drink less!

Yes, it's really irritating when a "replacement" isn't a replacement at all.  I had the same issue, but in my case, I still had the old parts, so stuffed the old brass tubes into the new rubber bezels.  The sizes of the original and "replacement" tubes aren't even close.

Ed

IMG_2433a.JPG