Anyone know the best place to get a TR4A Dynamo or is it best to get the original refurbed?

How muchis a new one and how much for a reconn one?

Thanks in advance.....

:unsure:

Edited by marko
  • 2 weeks later...

You can often find the dynamo on ebay in the uk (mine cost £30 ) and keep your old one as a spare they are very robust, but a refurbished one will look the part.

you usually need to transfer your fan and pully

It might be easier to look fot it by generic name "Lucas C40"

Edited by tony13579

:) Try looking in your local scrapyard. most old minis or 1100s have a dynamo that will do fine. You would be suprised what is still lurking around in the back of these yards. Or as a last resort there are quite a few MGBs laying around in peoples gardens(best place for them really!!) earlier versions still used dynamos.

May be some help.

Regards

Stuart.

That should be C40-L - a higher output version. Don't fit a C40 unless you adjust or replace the regulator.

BTW, refurbished dynamos are available from most car part shops, Halfords etc.

HTH

Ian.

I had my Dynamo rebuilt and all my problems were over. I had burnt out yet another duff regulator trying to hang on to an old battery. I have replaced all three parts and can recommend my Dynamo supplier very highly. I have his number in the office and will post it tomorrow. Yours Richard

Classic and Vintage Dynamos

Unit 7 Shirebrook Centre

Vernon Court

Vernon Street

Shurebrook

Notts NG20 8SP

He supplied me with a very good quality exchange unit. by return and for a very reasonable cost. I have no hesitation in recommending him. He is usually at the shows.

Yours Richard