Boot Seal

I'm having problems getting a boot rubber seal to fit a TR5. I originally had one from Rimmer Bros but wouldn't fit very well and had to leave the bottom edge with no seal in order to shut the boot.

I was with someone at LeMans last week who had a totally different one on his '5' (much thinner) which he said was the correct one. He had his from Moss. I ordered one from Moss (part No 613277) but unfortunately it is exactly the same one as I had from Rimmer Bros. Which is the correct one? and what is the one fitted to the TR5 I saw last week? I'm waiting for a part number from him but any advice would be appreciated.

I need a magnetic seal to help the poor overstressed latch do its job-bags, chairs, beds etc, making mine similiarily look like it's about to burst!

Probably have a look round at Malvern for good replacement.

Rob.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having the problem. If I get to the bottom of the problem or find a suitable replacement, I'll post it here.

Wyn,

The original boot seal on my TR4 was about as fat as a cumberland sausage and probably not as watertight!

I can only back up Harry Dent, The Revington replacement I bought grips the flange well and is not too fat, it took a bit of fettling to improve the 'watertight' element but that was down to my car and not the seal!

If you're going to the International my car will be there (hopefully!) - give me a ring before close of play today on 0208 393 9120.

Geoff Keeble

Wyn

I am fairly certain I got mine from Moss around the end of last year (have to look up the invoice!) and mine fits well! :blink:

I am hoping to be able to get down to the International for the Sunday (cannot make the Saturday) :(

Brgds

I also found the revington boot seal too fat - Boot would not shut properly

I got one from Carl Flitchet of TR Trader when I was down to Stoneleigh - Fits a treat

No doubt he will be at the international

regards Graham

Thanks everyone for your input. I sent a piece of the 'offending' seal to Martin at Revington to check whether theirs would be the same. He informs me that they do have a smaller one available although not in stock. He's ordered one today and if he has one in time will bring it with him to Malvern.

If anyone would like to have a look, contact me at Malvern on 07855 964475

For those of you who's boot rubber seals are too big, Revington do sell the same ones as the other suppliers but the alternative is the snap on type which I have received from them today. Much smaller and more suitable in my view. Part number 613277X

Wyn