Electric oil pressure guage

Wanting something else to do, I wondered about changing the oil pressure guage to electric. Any one carried out such a mod?

Would negate any chance of a messy hot leg syndrome!

Cheers Jochem I will check them out. What got me interested to start with I discovered a bag of Jaguar oil pressure transducers I started collecting after Jaguar decided to change to the ‘idiot’ guage. (Indicates 40 psi mid range as long as the pressure is above 5 psi).

13 hours ago, DaveN said:

Cheers Jochem I will check them out. What got me interested to start with I discovered a bag of Jaguar oil pressure transducers I started collecting after Jaguar decided to change to the ‘idiot’ guage. (Indicates 40 psi mid range as long as the pressure is above 5 psi).

When was that change? all the ones on the XK and AJ series were relatively accurate in my experience.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

Apparently it was due to customer complaints that the oil pressure dropped when hot or at idle! So first off Jaguar came up with a resistor mod then the transducer became modded internally. That’s why if you look at say XJ40, X300, X100 they always indicate mid range as long as the pressure was above 5 psi... they did a similar mod to the temp guage I believe. 
Customers loyal to a marque can be funny. Jaguar customers moaned about fluctuating oil pressure but MB owners never worried even when the guage dropped to zero! Then there’s the owners of the Rover 825/7 bitched about the poor performance.... Honda had to basically redesign the engine to improve it but Honda owners never bothered.

Edited by DaveN
Addition