SHALL I WING IT ? WITH MY MIRRORS

NO CLUE WHY BUT MY TR6 JUST GOT LAST LOCKDOWN ( WELL THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO !! ) HAS WING MIRRORS ON IT --  HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT THEM ? - I BELIEVE THEY ARE USELESS - THATS WHY I CANT SEE ANY CARS WITH THEM HALF WAY DOWN THE WINGS PROBABLY..  DOES IT ACTUALLY SPOIL THE LOOKS ??  OR DOES IT MAKE THE CAR LOOK MORE VINTAGE ?  Mmm   -- ANY THOUGHTS FROM ANYBODY WOULD BE MULLED OVER -- PRACTICAL PROBLEMS MAYBE - LIKE KEEP WALKING INTO THEM - KIDS SNAPPING THEM OFF AN THE WAY PAST ??     NOT RUSHING IT - I HAVE TO GLUE THE HEAP OF RUST BACK TOGETHER FIRST - THEN I'M GONNA TAKE STOCK SHARES OUT IN A BODY FILLER COMPANY --  THANKS --   ANDREW PERKINS

Andrew,

Believe it or not but when built it was only the USA TR6 that had door mirrors fitted, the UK TR6 had no wing or door mirrors at all unless specially ordered.  Mirrors however could be fitted by the Dealers and that could have been wing or door whatever the new owners preference was.

Attached is a factory image showing a TR6PI so fitted. This TR6 was the company car of John Barber who became Deputy Chairman of British Leyland in 1973 . They're not the most attractive of mirrors but give some idea of what they look like. This Emerald Green TR6 was in the TRR until a few years ago however had lost its wing mirrors.

Best of luck with the rebuild and keep us posted on progress

cheers

Derek  

231519 John Barber.jpg