What wipers and arms?

Are we all using standard wiper arms and vintage blades, or have some of you found modern improvements.

I borrowed the arms and blades from my A35 which were upgraded with Mini items. I have bent the arms slightly more to get the blade sitting along the bottom of the windscreen frame in the off position (parking to the drivers side), and they clear right to the top of the screen, but the end of the blade crashes over onto the screen frame at the end of the sweep. The only way I can think of preventing this is to use a slightly longer arm and a shorter blade, but as the blades are only 10 inch anyway I cannot find a shorter one.

Ralph.

200mm  (8")  or 225mm (9")  are available.

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/697-container-wiper-blade-wrist-fitting-curved-screen

Mine are 8” Original Rainbow that I have recently re-rubbered.

My arms are adjustable in length also.  I set the arms as long as I dare so the blade does not touch the soft top when it is fitted.  The whole thing although worn, then does not wipe the frame with the bottom of the blade.

Cheers

Peter W

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/697-container-wiper-blade-wrist-fitting-curved-screen

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
web link

Cheers Peter. This morning I went on ebay and have bought a pair of 9inch spoon type fitting wiper arms and a pair of flat, what I call vintage type, 10inch blades, my reasoning being that those type of blades can be cut down as required. The mini items were also 9 inch arm and 10 inch blade which wiped right to the outside edge of the drivers side windscreen and almost to the top of the screen. I am hoping I can cut an inch off the bottom of the blade to stop it going onto the bottom of the screen frame. If not I will be buying some of the shorter blades you have alerted me to.

Thanks, Ralph.

Yep that'll do. 

I used to do a service on the band saw cutting the formerly very cheap 11" Land Rover original stainless steel backed rigid wiper blades down to TR length.  Chopping just the bottom does the length correction to stop them wiping the frame.  Beware the top of the blade getting caught on the hood when it is fitted.

Peter W