Spitfire over the Hospitals

Was able to view this from Beaumaris as it flew down the Menai straits from the Bangor to Llandudno hospitals. 
it had come over from Ireland.
lovely sound. 

I live half a mile from my hospital, and I mentally noted the other day that it was due that PM.

And mental noting being as useless these days as most other mental actovity, I was lucky to be in the garden, and heard an aircraft approaching.    We get the Air Ambulance frequently, but this had a different, throbbing note, and I suddenly remembered!   In time to move across and see it salute my old manor.     A lovely gesture!

Did anyone else catch the ITV prog on Tuesday last week (15th Sept)?     David Jason has achieved a second career as an aviating old codger, but the programme he presented about the RAF Memorial Flight, spent more time with them than him.     Excellent!    He is a great comic actor, but a boring presenter.  See: https://www.itv.com/hub/flying-for-britain-with-david-jason/2a7125a0001

John

PS.   My excuse for being out in the garden is that I was planting out carrots for the night fighters.