My TR4 is now completely dismantled and I am now starting the process of rebuilding. Engine,gearbox and chassis now completed.

The front springs look fairly recent,  they have a blue and green stripe on them. What spec are they because I can not see it any where.

Are Bastuk vertical links as good as *Moss (*none in stock) or are they all from the same source?

Mine do look as they have wear looking at the peaks of the thread but can not compare with new if I do not have both in my hands.

Going to fit new as a bit paranoid after losing a wheel on my then TR6 when the trunnion parted company with the vertical link.

I knew why at the time after inspecting so are Bastuk as good as anything out there.

Regards Harry tr5 Nutter

The spring supply is a complex market with no clear answers. I changed mine three times before ending up with Revington red stripe , which do ride too high but I settled for that because it was too low with my other options. The lowest did not leave room for my jack and  the radiator was much too close to the road. Si I now have space over the front wheel it rides well on the road.

Good luck Richard & B