Tr6 headlight bowls

I have new triple plated headlight chrome finishers and would like to know which are the best headlight bowls please- new Wipac plastic ones or refurb the Lucas metal ones that are prone to rusting?From what I've seen ( I stand corrected if I'm wrong) but the plastic ones only work with the push on chrome finishers and don't look like they have a spring for the inside retaining rim for the headlight. All advice gratefully received, also are the plastic bowls durable ie they don't break easily do they? 

Michael

Edited by michaeldavis39

Hi Michael,

When I bought my car, it came with a box of new spares, including Wipac plastic bowls, lamps, but not the rims.

So like you, I found out the Wipac parts are not interchangeable with OEM parts. So if you install the Wipac plastic bowl, you cannot use the original steel “cone” that fits inside. The same applies for the chromed support ring for the rim (and which holds the light unit). It did not fit on an original Lucas light unit I also had.

So I think it’s Wipac “for everything” or nothing. In the end I bought the new rims from Moss with a screw in the bottom, and was able to fit the Wipac parts, but not really a simple job. Be careful not to burst the thread bosses in the plastic with the screws. 
Cheers,

Waldi