SPEEDO ANGLE DRIVE

Hi all, 

been trying to change my speedo cable, all ok but when I jacked the rear wheel and turned it cable didn't turn.

Took the side panel off the tunnel to check the angle drive and that was where the fault was.

The small cover plate held down by tapped edges (on the angle drive) had come adrift and bits and pieces were all over the garage floor.

Does anyone have an exploded picture of the angle drive please, so that I can see how it all goes back together

and I don't have any pieces missing.

I have tried the Moss catalogue but not very helpful.

Many thanks Lee

This pic shows  how the angle drive fits onto the overdrive (but not sure if that's what you mean). If your angle drive is slipping, there are a a couple of options... Open it up and re-solder the cable tail to the driven gear, or replace. There are some aftermarket replacements that don't last well but Chris Witor has replacements from another source that he believes are good. Originals in good condition are hard to find. So far, the Witor replacement is working well in my TR6.

Nigel

SAM_3156.JPG

Lovely picture Nigel, however my problem is the blanking plate on the side of the angle drive which is held by tangs knocked over has come adrift so all the bits and bobs inside are now

in a tin on the dining room table  

I have a choice, sweep them up put them back in hope for the best

Or buy a new one, but the repros seem to be very poor quality

Or buy a TRGB super duper one (just under £200) wow !

Or check Chris Witor out whoever he is

Any suggestions etc.

Cheers Lee