For Sale MX5 - TR Seat Conversion Bracket Set

Hi everyone - I have for sale some top quality Mazda MX5 seat conversion brackets to enable you to fit MX5 seats into your TR4A/5/6 - they can also be used with minor and easy modifications on TR4s with original floor pans - if your TR4 has been rebuilt with Heritage dual fitment floorpans for both TR4 and 4A, they will fit without modification.

These brackets have been commissioned by a TR owner who was frustrated by the quality and moreover poor fit of some of the established sets on the market. 

They are made from top quality laser cut 3mm steel plate and fitted with extra strong 10mm seat mounting studs and come complete with all nuts and washers. They fit flush on the floor utilising the existing TR seat runner mounting points, hence provide maximum head room. By fitting spacers over the studs, some adjustment to the seat is possible as they can be raised or tilted if needed . No modifications whatsoever are required to fit to TR4A/5 and 6 floor pans.

Each bracket has an etched ID and the kit comes with a full set of instructions so even I can fit them! 

Price was £70 but now £75 for the set plus postage, at insured cost, or collection from Colchester in Essex. Any queries, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers  Rich 

IMG_2996 - Resized.jpg

IMG_3003- Resized.jpg

IMG_3004 - Resized.jpg

IMG_3005 - Resized.jpg

IMG_3006 - Resized.JPG

Edited by rcreweread
spelling correction
  • 1 month later...

31 minutes ago, Peter V W said:

Hi,

Do you still have the brackets available?

kind regards 

Peter

Peter - thanks for your enquiry - yes I do have a few sets left - we can sort out via PMs

Cheers Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Bump! There has been quite a lot of discussion about MX5 seat brackets recently, so thought I would bring this ad to the fore. Yes you can make your own from the Technicalities CD and they are very strong. That's not to says these are weak, being made of 3mm quality steel, which is thicker than some others on the market, but they are ready to fit, apart from painting and they fit with the existing seat mountings, so nice and straightforward.

These have 10mm metric studs and come with washers and nuts so you can easily fit the metric stud extensions from the likes of Screwfix if you want to raise the fronts even more, although the existing stud length will give you 10-15mm of height adjustment with washers if you need it.

I have a few sets left and once they are gone, they're gone, so PM if interested

Cheers Rich  

• 6 months later...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.