steering column support bracket

I'm preparing to fit the steering column support bracket as part of the RHD conversion. Can anyone give me a measurement from the bottom of the LH leg to the top of the seam beneath it? Picture below

Many thanks (again) 

David

DSC_0242.JPG

David - hopefully these photos will help. These measurement s were taken from an original RHD shell, albeit rusty!

The bottom left hand edge is 30mm from the lower edge of the bulkhead immediately below it. Although more difficult to see, the right hand bottom edge is 26mm measured from it's bottom to the corner below and the 70mm is the measurement from the underside bottom edge to the bottom edge of the bulkhead directly below it.

Hope this isn't too late and helps

cheers   Rich.1052294731_IMG_2490-Resized.thumb.JPG.595b46df1c384246ce539d21ecfabe9d.JPG 754725745_IMG_2489Resized.thumb.JPG.78575dfca57f6a8243ccf4d843cd207c.JPG

Hi Dave

I can confirm the measurements. It would seem to be a real weak spot given it in effect holds the column in place! I think it should be a really solid fit to the bulkhead if the steering is to feel connected and not woolly.  

The bracket on mine had cracked across the length of both of the 90 degree bends and had been repaired by bolting a plate bolted through the sides. It felt flimsy and prone to flexing so I seam welded the original bracket and the made another to fit over this and also welded it to the original. The right hand side is now rock solid the left still has a bit of flex not helped by the proximity of the heater pipe and other adjacent holes and the thinness of the bulkhead panel. I'm planning to double up on the metal here to spread the load in an effort to reduce the flex.

Andy.