TR6 Clutch Release

You could always go the whole hog and basically ditch every part of the clutch release mechanism, apart from the master cylinder, and fit a Tilton annular release bearing mechanism.

This will remove all of the well documented problems with the original release mechanism. It obviously needs to be fitted correctly!

David

Guest harry dent

I have a tilton annular clutch release bearing kit for sale.I broke one of the legs(alloy) when I had a problem

in fitting it.I have installed four of these kits with no problems.Just needs to be jigged and welding up.

£100 complete with instructions.

Harry.

0794 151 6004

Try a bronze unpinned release bearing carrier and new bearing (from Revington) - this seems to work well. Because the bearing and bronze carrier can rotate it can offset some wear in the bearing alone.

Or you can go for the toyota landcruiser one.

Neil

Ray,

Make sure you get the gearbox aligned with the engine when reassembling - this will prevent a great many common problems. Check the archives for particulars ( this has been beaten to death on this forum and it's unfair to the members to reopen it here <_< ).