Recommending a coil spring compressor

Folks, As I mentioned in another thread, I’m working on my front suspension, requiring the removal of the coil springs. I was a bit dubious about the “threaded rod” compressors available from the usual suppliers, and a “Churchill Style” unit offered by Moss USA is very expensive. 

After doing some searches, I found Dan Allen at Windy Ridge Farm in Maryland USA (http://windyridgefarm.us/). Dan has a machine shop and is a Triumph enthusiast. He makes various automotive tools, including Triumph coil spring compressors. The unit is a work of art, heavy duty, and comes in a wood storage box. I’ll let the pictures below do the talking. The kit also includes two long guide bolts for aligning and holding the spring pan in place. 

Dan charges $99 US for the tool plus shipping. I’m not sure if the exchange rates/shipping make this a viable option for those across the pond, but I thought I’d share this info with the forum. Dan makes these as his schedule/backlog allows, so if you’re interested, contact him for time estimates.

BTW - I have no affiliation with Dan whatsoever, other than being a very satisfied customer of someone who obviously takes a lot of pride in his work. 

Jim

B165B251-456F-4102-91C2-85EC77DC0C7B.jpeg

EE4B3314-570F-45AF-95B9-578160D7D4FD.jpeg

C7358142-EBE0-4BCB-B81D-FC1E95E4B1E9.jpeg