Chassi Birdge Repair; How to bodge it

Evening all

Today I finally got around to having a look at the floor pan behind the seats and into the boot area and while repairing the chassis the old bridge was replaced as it had cracks and evidence of the usual repairs to the pins which were poor to say the least and I wondered how they had got to it without taking the tub off. Now I know.

1368020665_IMG_0984(2).thumb.JPG.95016d392c1f0bc0fcb844c78dc24fa5.JPG

But if you were welding the pin why the hell would go to the trouble of patching over with fibreglass when the metal "flap"is still there! 

So far the rest looks solid on this side will be interesting to see what the other half brings.

Don't you just love welding.

Andy

Cutting a hole there is a normal way of repairing the bridge. Put the cut out piece back in and all is good.

Hi both 

3 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Cutting a hole there is a normal way of repairing the bridge. Put the cut out piece back in and all is good.

John that's the plan next week.

I see why I made sense to tackle the bridge repair this way but not the way it was executed they might have just used a tin opener!

Andy