Legalities

Guest hodgie

Guest hodgie

So, the day has finally arrived when the girl can roll out of the workshop.

The MGF minilites look fantastic, the paintjob is phenomenal, (by the way-Harly Carnauba Wax is highly recommended) the headlights pop up AND go down and the central locking almost works :-)

BUT

What does one do with the v5??

With 4.0 litre's under the bonnet, is it simply a case or filling in the V5 with the new details and sending it to DVLA to change the information, or does the car need to be 'shown' to them??

I'm sure you chaps have done things the legal way- I guess I best do, (in spite of road excise implications) being a lawyer!!

Hi Hodgie, on the V5, you should find some spaces for amendments/changes to engine number, and size etc., then send off to DVLA at Swansea - they may ask for the vehicle to be presented for inspection at a more local office.

I expect you are right Ray. When I converted my first V8 (since then I have always bought ones already done) there was no problem. I do know of someone who had a lot of trouble though. The DVLA decided to inspect the car and because the VIN was incorrectly placed and the engine (obviously) not original were trying to insist it needed a 'Q' plate....

Malcolm.

I changed the engine, model and the body style (Triumph, but not a TR) and all it needed was a visit to the local DVLC - and that was only because it was faster than the post.

John

Guest hodgie

Thanks Chaps. Hopefully it will just run through the process.

Look forward to seeing some of you at one or two events this year, if I can get the central locking to work properly and let me in!!