CARPETS AND SEAT MISALIGNMENT

I have just been fitting new carpets to my 1970 PI. A couple of questions if I could please.

1st question. What is the trick to avoid the carpet crunching up when I tighten the seat belt bolt? I have cut away the underfelt to get the bolt in the seat belt mount and when I tighten the bolt the carpet gets drawn into the hole and crinkles.

2nd question. I have installed the drivers seat and find the rear catches are not centred in the catch on the floor sliding rack. The catches are resting on the right hand edge of the rack and trying to twist the seat to get the catches aligned doesn't work. I don't believe I have changed anything in the removal and installation but it looks like I have. I have had this problem once before when I had the seats out for access to the gearbox but I recall it sorted itself out. This time it hasn't so I thought I would ask in case this is a common issue and there is a simple fix.

6 minutes ago, ed_h said:

On the inboard seat mount, use the rear hole in the seat bracket.  This rotates the seat slightly toward the center.

Ed

Thank you. I just checked and the inboard mount is secured with the rear hole, the outboard mount uses the front hole.

The seat is aligned towards the outboard side, the clips resting on the outboard lip of the mount on both sides.

There are two holes on the pivot points that you need to get right.

Driver Side Inboard

857399907_TR6DriverSeatPivot(inboard).jpg.27bec7614889f2f77412bbb2f6734a20.jpg

Driver side Outboard

1000064378_TR6DriverSeatPivot(outboard).jpg.59fbce318cb56ed91cdf746b2652ad69.jpg

Only other thing that can cause issues are (as Ed says) seats swapped, mounted to the floor wrong or the catch tabs have been moved (easy to remove and fit back to front).

Hope it helps.