:) hey

someone here in belgium is selling his tr5

options

New chrome wheels

overdrive

color signal red

cp1357

rhd

The men that want to sell this car asks 18000 euro!

The condition of the car is ok8

I now Tr's already I have a tr4 and tr4airs.

But a tr5 is so special that maybe i buy this one!

Can somebody give me more information of this car?

Number? is it ok?

The men told me that it has to be a ckd car!

But I do not now if thats true!

Regards Patrick

Patrick, as far as I know all CKD cars were LHD. But it could have been be possible that it had been converted to RHD, but here it's not the case.

Anyhow the commission # of a CKD car should be 1CP.....LP.

As far as I can trace the car back it's not a CKD and had no overdrive original. The car was registered in the Netherlands some years ago, location Bussum, and was imported from U.K.

This all does not devaluate the car, although it's not very practical to drive a RHD on the continent.

Jean

Patrick, as far as I know all CKD cars were LHD. But it could have been be possible that it had been converted to RHD, but here it's not the case.

Jean

Not quite right, although Left Hand Drive production far outweighed Right Hand Drive a significant number of Original Right Hand Drive manufactured Cars were designated CKD for the Irish, Australian, New Zealand, South African and other Right Hand Drive non UK markets.

I should know, my 'Old Girl' is a 1958 Dublin Car, a CKD but still original Right Hand Drive!

Unc :D

Pete, Alec, sorry but as it was rather late when posting, I wrongly understood that the car was presented as a Belgian assembled TR5. Looking deeper into the subject I can see that it's only for sale in Belgium as CKD car.

Pete you are very right, but I never heard that TRs were assembled in Ireland, see one never stops learning :)

Alec, must say I also like to drive in U.K. but a LHD car, but not with a RHD car, strange enough in these cars I always step on the wrong pedals and select the wrong gears, it's more complex to change the reflexes to drive the car than to use the opposite side of the road.

Jean

Hi Jean, have to say (much to my surprise) that I took to driving LHDs and on the wrong side of the road in Spain quite readily. Going back to 1981, I bought a Suzuki GSX750, then a 1991 Kawasaki GT750, having only ever ridden British bikes before, but found the rear brake and gear levers being reversed didn't make any difference - just had to think about it for 10 miles or so, then I was OK - I think the gear change was reversed as well, British bikes, 1st was up, to change up was depress the G/L, Japanese 1st down and up for 2nd etc. - might be wrong though.

Alec, must say I also like to drive in U.K. but a LHD car, but not with a RHD car, strange enough in these cars I always step on the wrong pedals

Hi Jean

Aren't the pedals the same way round on both LH and RH drive cars? i.e. brake in the centre, accelerator on the right and clutch on the left?

Maybe your feet are the wrong way round when you drive in England :lol:

Tony

Thanks for all the reply's

That the car is rhd is no problem, my tr4 is also rhd.

Jean?

How do you now that the car is original imported from uk , and after that to the netherlands?(bussum)

I try to find any backup from this car, maybe someone can help me further?

Regards Patrick

:rolleyes:

triumphgogo

Regards from belgium

I am a member of the Triumph enthusiasts club Belgium

Look at the folowing link to see whats going on in Belgium

http://spaces.msn.com/members/tecb

B):P

The pedals the same way around is the problem as you expect them to be the other way around. Anyhow as I say I prefer to stick to cars having all the same layout, to say changing gears with right hand and holding the cellphone in the left hand :D No, I think it's more a coordination problem, to say left foot-right hand. I have the same when driving an automatic box, during the first days I can't keep my left foot off the brake pedal.

Patrick, I live in Belgium and as a member of the TR Club Holland I receive the club's membership directory. The car is registered in this directory including owner's name and registration etc.. I don't know at what time the car changed from Holland to Belgium, but I could pass you the name of the dutch owner, don't know if he still is located at the same place as he is not a member of the club anymore.

By the way I'm also member of TR Register Belgium and U.K.

As far as I know the Enthusiast Club is more concentrated on all Triumph cars.

Jean

Edited by jean

True the TECB has members with all different triumphs!

How more triumphs how more fun!?

My first car was a

gt6 mk3

then

spitfire mk1

then gt6 mk1

sold

then

tr4airs

tr6 pi

sold tr6 pi

one more tr4airs

now i still have

one tr4irs

and one tr4

I like my club, and the people!

Have fun in Your clubs! Maybe we meet sometime each other next summer on the road?

You can send details (of the car)too my own email adres patrick@limarc.be

regards Patrick

I love this forum :lol::blink:

triumphgogo

Edited by triumphgogo
You're supposed to brake with your left foot when driving a slushpump box - it gets you round the bends faster. Most workdays I have to switch between manuals and autos, your feet get used to it !!

That's OK, once you've peeled your face of the windscreen half a dozen times, and you get used to not pressing as hard as you do on a clutch pedal!