A question please...

What would optinion be regarding what someone would be happy to pay for a good quality retrimmed interior parts done in either top quality marine grade vinyl or leather for the following ??

Seats (pair)

Door cards

Rear wheel tub and side trim

Back panel

Lower crash pads

Dash top

H frame

Kidney panels.

The reason Im asking is that Im about to undertake the restoration of the whole interior of my 6 and wondered if there was a market for a bespoke re-trimming service.??

All the best

Nick

Hi Nick,

there are many upholstery services that undertake car trimming. Many are very good. Most are quite expensive.

I had two seats re-covered last year and the two cost just over £1000. and I supplied all the parts.

You can see on the Moss WebCat typical prices for the run if the mill items.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/interior/trim-panels-fittings/cockpit-trim-kits-tr5-tr250-tr6-to-c-cp-cc50000.html

Roger

Hi Roger

Trimmers are few and far between in Norfolk, ones that are here are massively expensive!!

Moss stuff is ok but I personally wouldnt pay that much for mass produced average quality bog standard design.

Have been thinking for a while about setting up some sort of bespoke service not just for trim but a fair few other restoration bits and bobs that I have done myself already.

Trim wise, I would be able offer different options ( not for the purist)... French stitching, Bentley stich...tuck and roll panels amongst a few ideas..

Just testing the water on what people want and how deep the pockets are...????????

Cheers Tom....

Nothing like a courier service and maybe an exchange service on seats, penles ect...

designs can be done via FaceTime / email

So distance is not such a big deal.

Not found another supplier offering these services

????

Hi Nick,

For leather on that lot , i reckon£2250/£2500 would be an attractive level.

You have a good group out there , i am sure they will back you.

Distance shouldnt matter for a good quality job.

Best of luck,