Lockheed 9" Brake Shoes

I have just sent a set of 'New Old Stock' (1960s) 9" rear brake shoes for the Lockheed system to a TRR Forum Reg. User in the Netherlands.

When I was packaging them I noticed a label on the box stating various vehicles that they were suitable for as follows:-

Commer 15 cwt F/C range 1960 on

Triumph TR2 1953/55 (up to TS 5442 March)

Hillman Minx 1959/63 F&R

Minx 1600 Mk V 1963/65 Rear

Super Minx Mk 1 1961/62 Front & rear

Super Minx Mk11 & 111 Oct 1962/65 Rear

Humber Hawk 1948/May 1954 Front and Rear

Sceptre 1963/65 Rear

Saab 93, 95, 96 1958/Mid 64 Front

Singer, Hunter, Gazelle, Vogue 1954/63 Front and rear

Gazelle & Vogue 63/65 Rear

Sunbeam Rapier Mk1 1955/58 58/65 Rear

Price 75 shillings. Based on tradesmen's wages at the time that would be more like £75 today.

I thought that this information may be useful to anybody trying to find these parts.

Regards, Colin

Edited by Colin Fairhurst

Hi Tom,

Our local car club will be at Beaumaris tomorrow on the 'Green' by the pier. There is usually a good turnout. We will be there in the Roadster.

Regards, Colin

hi guys,

not to sure is moss still sell a list of stan part components numbers that were used on other vehicles. was stapled together A4 sheets , seem to recall were yellow paper ,

age makes the mind fuzzy

I dont think they do anymore, I still have one in the cupboard but TBH I never found it very useful.

Stuart.

I fitted a set of these shoes to my Morris Traveller, which is fitted with Wolseley 1500 brakes. The TR shoes are slightly wider than the Wolseley shoes but fit fine.

Cheers Richard

I would have thought that a list of various applications of common parts could be more useful these days with the internet and ebay.

I just did a search for Commer 15 cwt brake shoes and a set of Ferodo shoes came up that look very similar to the early TR2 rear shoes and are reasonably priced.

Regards, Colin

Edited by Colin Fairhurst