Rear suspension lever shock absorver links

Good evenning forum members

Just replaced a pair of armstrongs and it looks that the Lever arm that connects from the shock to the link assembly should have diferent angles form left to right!

Always difficult to have the link assembly with the good fit, or Im missing something?

Have a look at the attach photos and give me you opinion.

The left ones allways are skewed.

First pair of links is before replacement

Thank you

post-9419-0-76368900-1529970338_thumb.jpgpost-9419-0-65025400-1529970357_thumb.jpgpost-9419-0-56480600-1529970393_thumb.jpgpost-9419-0-04572300-1529971238_thumb.jpg

Good evenning forum members

Just replaced a pair of armstrongs and it looks that the Lever arm that connects from the shock to the link assembly should have diferent angles form left to right!

Always difficult to have the link assembly with the good fit, or Im missing something?

Have a look at the attach photos and give me you opinion.

The left ones allways are skewed.

First pair of links is before replacement

Thank you

attachicon.gifIMG_20180619_211111.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20180619_211134.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20180625_193620.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20180625_193655.jpg

Hi

Did make sure that the rear suspension was on the ground or compressed before tightening everything thing up?

Hi

If the hole in the trailing arm is worn out of centre ( and many of them are), then you will always struggle to get it centred. These can be repaired with alloy welding and then re-drilled.

However, looking at your photos, it looks like the drop link really wants to go where it actually is, and it's the trailing arm mounting which which isn't vertically above it - if your trailing arm is correctly set up, geometry wise, where it is in the photo, then there's not much you can do other than continue as you have been.

If you think about how much you can adjust the trailing arm for toe in/out as well as camber, then the hole in the mounting is often not going to be central and will therefore wear accordingly - you could fill/re-weld the hole and then redrill it off centre if you have enough room.

I'm sure others will have some thoughts as well

cheers

Rich

Kev

I did thigtening up everything when suspension was ground settled, ask me how I know( acouple of links assembly after :unsure: )

Rich

I now have adjustable brackets and correct camber and too in (so I was told)

I'll take some time and personaly chek maybe there is some play that was hiden with the shims setting!

Thank you