Front hub upgrade ... continued ... again.

So, CCD made me up some new spacers for the rear of the front hubs (.250, .225, .200 and .175) They came standard with .300", but as indicated on my earlier post, that pushed the rotor too far forward to where it rubs on the caliper. Unfortunately, anything less seems to not lock the rear bearing into place, so once I bolt up the tire, the hub assembly wobbles. Even then, with nothing else keeping the rear bearing in place save the spacer on the lip of the bearing, I am wondering under load if I will have issues?

I noticed on their website they are listed as a TR4A, but British Parts Northwest marketed them for a TR4? Is there any difference in the vertical assembly between the TR4 and TR4A that could be the root cause of the problem? The stub axles that came with the kit seem to go in just fine. Using the .300" spacers it seems to just shift the rotor out too much so the front rubs on the outside edge of the caliper. I thought about possible installing a washer between the hub assembly and rotor, which should sift the rotor back, but not sure of the stress load that could place on the bolt?
Do they make a thinner rotor? Can you get one with a different offset?
Thoughts, suggestions? Pulling my hair out, and I'm bald by the way.
Thanks.

Don

Sounds strange to me & I can't comment on the similarity between 4 & 4a.

I have very recently fitted the CCD uprated front hubs on my 4a and no issues whatsoever - everything lines up and has nicely settled in.

Not sure this helps you Don, but just to confirm for me that all was well.

Hope you get this resolved as the hubs are a lovely mod and match the CCD drive shafts too that smooth out the rear end..

Good luck.

It would seem I will need to find a machine shop and grind down the first lip to keep it from hitting the upright too early which will also shift the rotor back .300".

988DFD36-8717-4B64-BF14-CF1028EE3419_zps

All disc brakes TR s 3-6 use same hub and stub axle and disc position.

NB My own TR 3 runs TR6 disc and calipers on TR 3 hubs.

You have issues. Is the spacer being fitted where the supplier says?

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Correct - everything is put in proper order per CCD. I think part of the problem is the hubs are wider in the back than OE, as such they rub the vertical upright too early. You need a thicker spacer (the one they stock) to lock the inner inside bearing in place as a result, but then it pushes the rotor just a tad too far out. I was hoping the small milled spacers would do the trick, but then the rear of the hubs rub on the upright frame. Figured I would split the measurement between the rear of the rotor and caliper and have that amount ground down in the back of the hub, and hopefully, just, it may work.

Don

Edited by F1loco