Electronic Tachometer Conversion - good service from JDO

Hi all

Following the fitting of a 123tune+ distributor i needed to convert my tacho to electronic, no mechanical drive on the new distrib.

Had planned to DIY with the Urevco kit, but theyve not responded all year so decided to go with JDO after a friendly email conversation with John.

Packaged up the tacho, paid online, gave swmbo the box to post on Saturday as i was off to see Amita.

Tacho returned today in the post , all converted !

Had a test fit and it works nicely, the needle movement is pretty much as before.

So thanks to John at JDO for such a prompt turnaround, and a recommendation from me :-)

Steve

Steve

Is that Tune 123 the type that has a USB port and gives you the choice of two power curves? I understand that it needs a 40000 volt coil to power it, is that correct? I have a friend with an MGC here in Spain who has fitted that set up plus triple Weber carbs, so now he is making inroads to go to Brands Hatch to have his car set up on a rolling road to get it spot on.

Dave

I went for the tune+ that has a bluetooth connection rather than usb, and you set the curve via an app.

Seems to work well on an iphone but not so well on android

The dist fitted beautifully and was easy to set up

Steve

Whatever next???

Tr's that drive themselves??

Things are getting so sophisticated we will soon have Tr's with heating that actually works!!!

I went for the tune+ that has a bluetooth connection rather than usb, and you set the curve via an app.

Seems to work well on an iphone but not so well on android

The dist fitted beautifully and was easy to set up

Steve