Tour of Cheshire 11th March

Well chaps ......

Who's coming to Cheshire for a play in the mud ........ I hear the driving tests will be long and fierce this year and definately a few very slippy ones if the weather is foul ! sounds great !

Rob Kiff and I are out in BST82B (3VC is being readied for another event ....) and I see 7VC (looks like a beautifully finished car and that number is just the business ! ) is getting a whirl ........ anybody else ?

Regards

Tony

Thanks Andy - hope something else is a s much fun. ........

Why not build yourself a works replica and call it a real one ! just needs to be blue and shiny!

Regards

Tony

Apparently the spectator information will be published at:

http://www.pacenotes.com/vantage_points.html

on or around 9th March

There is a nearly ull entry list with about half a dozen TR's inc. Jonathan Hancox's beautiful TR4 works replica 7VC which Im looking forward to seeing very much.

Ill post the info if I have time before the rally, but looking at my diary ill probably be prepping BST that night!

Regard and look forward to seeing some TR folk on the tests !

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Well ..... not so good this time.

Rob and I retired at the end of the 2nd Test at Tatton Park. Walloped through the test, drew up to the line and Rob handed the Marshall our (very quick !!!!) time car ........ and I looked for some none existant gears. No more clutch. Completely frustrating.

Hope the other TR's did well !

Next out of the Ilkley Jubilee if I can get a clutch that will be reliable with the power.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Bad luck on the Rally. :(

Do you use a standard clutch setup rather than a racing(tilton type)? If you do, have you considered using a 1" input gearbox as this will give you access to a wider range of clutch plates and covers. But you probably already know this!!

Graeme

Hi Grahme

May be an oil contamination problem - or just a cooked clutch. Im running a very meaty engine and I did use it ........ not sure whether I caused the problem or whether it was already there to start with to be fair.

I was using a laycock clutch and these are normally just excellent - I may have to go to the tilton type race clutch which is a bit of a switch but can handle much more grunt. I do have another high spec a type stag overdrive box with the ST close ratio gearset and 1 inch splined input shaft so I might try that again ....... ho hum. I know that Helix do some good organic / ceramic plates, but I want to sort out what the problem is before I jump.

BST is at TR Enterprises for now as I was so gutted I couldnt bear to touch it - Ill hear what Steve Hall thinks and keep you posted.

Hope to see you all on the Ilkley Jubilee in April if not before !

Regards

Tony