TR4A Front suspension

I use my TR4A for historic rallying and fitted slightly uprated rear springs a couple of years ago and now notice that the car looks low at the front rtelative to the back and would like to raise it an inch or so. Suggestions please ..... uprated front springs?

B)

Tony,

This sounds ideal. I was not aware that spacers were used on the front springs.

Presumably these simply sit inside the spring somehow but allow the "spring isolator" to be refitted?

Thanks for yor help.

Robert

Edited by MLC440D

When I rebuilt the suspension on my '4' (along with everything else!) there were aluminium spacers fitted - with the new springs, these were not required (longer springs). I believe I still have them lurking in my garage somewhere!

I assumed (very dangerous thing) that these were a 'standard fit' - maybe not?

These are the things - the pair I have lurking are shiney as new (!!) and the original stanpart ones (like these on ebay). email e if you want them ! tr4.tony@virgin.net

Regards

Tony

If memory serves me well, these spacers have to be fitted when the TT prefixed springs are used-they are available from Moss.

I fitted my new springs without (as they weren't already there) and the car bottomed out, add spacers-hey presto!

Rob.